These online resources are designed to give educators the latest research-based information so that they can help improve student behavior, provide parent education, and positively impact school culture. Check back often as this channel is updated regularly with new webinars, articles and additional resources for professional development support on a variety of topics.
Professional Development Series
Watch reality- and research-based professional development videos, moderated by Connect with Kids founder and president Stacey DeWitt. Each topic includes downloadable module descriptions and assessments.
- Dyslexia Overview: Facts, Terminology and Common Signs Part 1
- Dyslexia Overview: Formal Evaluation, Testing and Diagnosis Part 2
- Dyslexia Overview: Accommodations Across Grade Levels Part 3
- Dyslexia Overview: Social and Emotional Impacts Part 4
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Overview Part 1: Introduction
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Overview Part 2: Sensory, Communication and Social/Emotional Issues
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Overview Part 3: Eligibility Requirements, Classroom Management and Accommodations
- Autism Spectrum Disorder: An Overview Part 4: Special Considerations for Inclusion and Transitioning through the Upper Grades
Georgia Department of Education Modules for Parent Involvement
Click on the link below to access parent engagement resources provided by the GADOE.